Back-end Developer (Python Django)
Are you looking to take a solid step forward in your career? This could be it. We are looking to hire highly ambitious, result-oriented, explorative and creative-minded candidates with a strong team-building flair, to take on one hell of a challenge as a back-end software developer.
About the Position
You have the amazing opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Ireland, leave your mark on the future of the company, and together participate in the course of solving the most interesting and challenging problems of the data market.
Being with us, we promise you an international ever-changing environment, while being an essential part of our growing Engineering Department, as you work closely with Head of Engineering to build a world-class product.
Joining us, you will also earn the chance to work at our brand new headquarters office located at Talent Garden Dublin, receiving all great benefits from this Europe’s leading innovation platform and coworking network has to offer. You can have access to the office 24 hours a day, giving you a great flexibility. There are also workstations, meeting rooms, training rooms, laboratories, fablabs – everything that you need to succeed.
The ideal Candidate will
- Have 5+ years post-collegiate software development experience
- Have proven programming skills in Python Django, preferably in a consumer space/ mobile environment
- Preferably have previous working experience with Django REST Framework
- Have excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL and relational databases in general
- Preferably have knowledge of Angular
- Preferably have knowledge and previous experience with D3.js, HighCharts
- Preferably have previous working experience with Web Scrapers and/or Web Crawlers is more than welcome
- Be proficient with frontend frameworks especially Bootstrap
- Own solid knowledge with OO design, thread synchronization, and data structures
- Be self-motivated to discover, learn, suggest new tools, languages, frameworks and libraries
- Be able to implement features from high level specifications (including design and testing)
- Have creative mindset, lateral thinking and problem-solving attitude
- Be familiar with Agile development methodology
- Master collaboration software development and communications tools (eg JIRA, SLACK …)
- Be fluent in English (and a second European language will be a plus)
- Have ability to work in a fast-paced environment (start-up) including remote management frameworks.
- Own a Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Be either an EU citizen or have EU work permit
What we offer:
- An exciting, successful, global and fast-growing company with different nationalities!
- An open, informal and multinational working environment.
- High level of responsibility and impact on business results.
- An attractive compensation package – salary commensurate with experience (TTR ranges between 50-100K Euro and encompass company stock option plan participation)
- Prime and central location with excellent transportation options.
- The position is located in Dublin, Ireland.
We are hiring continuously until we find the right candidates, so do not hesitate to send out your application today!
As part of the job interview, we’ll need you to pass a technical test which will be sent to you based on your CV assessment. Based on the response we will take you to the next interview level (with software engineering peers and after that with the senior management). We strive to hire the best talents in the market and want to make the right move in hiring you. If you match the qualifications we will know how to motivate and retain you overtime, as we have serious growth plans to meet.
About the Company
ErnieApp was founded by Isabella De Michelis in 2017, providing an innovative consumer privacy “on the go” service called Privacy Knowledge Manager (PKM). The app was launched on Google Play in November 2018, following the introduction of GDPR in May 2018 and released on iOS store in March 2019. Learn how ErnieApp works: https://youtu.be/QLZpPIvRG68
Here at ErnieApp, we root for young ambitious innovators by regularly offering internships, support publication of scientific papers, and even participating in our employees’ technical conferences.
Having our founder as a former executive of a Fortune 100 company and a trusted advisor to government, regulators and EU institutions on matters related to privacy by design and privacy enhanced technologies earns you a solid chance to learn something new everyday while getting a great insights into this growing industry.