Data Analyst | Dublin
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst with minimum 5 years professional experience. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions for our clients. This position will report into Head of Technology and be based in Dublin, Ireland, at company main offices with a strong dotted line into company Chief Strategist and founder.
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- English fluency, a second European language (French/Spanish or German) is a plus
- EU nationality/residency
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, clustering and classification techniques
- Proficiency with SQL databases (knowledge with nosql-databases is a plus)
- Proficiency with Object Oriented programming languages (Java and Python preferred)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (such as R and Matlab)
- Knowledge of machine-learning packages (such as scikit-learn, Shogun, Weka)
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and libraries
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Motivation to work in a high challenging environment (start-up)
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Market based (TTR to include salary, bonus and equity plan participation)
To apply, please send your resume to hello(at)ernieapp(dot)com.