Sr. Software Engineer, Tech Lead | Dublin
ErnieApp is commercializing an innovative software suite of solutions which serve consumers and businesses in the field of privacy and consent management.
Company which operates a three-sided business model, has recently released its first mobile version (2.2.) for Android and iOS platforms. While it works to grow its installed user base (standard version of the product comes for free for consumers) the company builds the partnerships for bringing to users a premium “custom” version (sponsored 3rd party subscription model).
The company is now looking for a technical team leader to fill a key leadership role with strong competencies to manage a performing software development team and take on leadership of the software product cycle.
This position will provide leadership, vision, and direction for organization technologies in support of business strategies and objectives. The position is responsible for overseeing the overall architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the organization’s technical infrastructure with focus on software engineering, data architecture, network design, software interfaces and systems integration.
Job duties & responsibilities
- Applies proven leadership methodologies to effectively build and sustain a motivated, high performing team.
- Leads the technology strategy for the organization that supports strong business alignment, increased profitability, and provides a sound, flexible foundation for the future.
- Manages outsourced resources accountable for timelines, projects, quality and more.
- Oversees infrastructure and system integration efforts.
- Drives corporate competitive advantage through the innovative application of technologies to achieve business strategy.
- Plays an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the company’s technology strategy, processes, and information technology roadmap.
- Effectively translates and communicates technical strategies between the business and the technology department.
- Monitors departments performance to ensure goals and objectives are achieved or exceeded on a consistent basis.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Applies sound judgment, escalating issues and decisions to the appropriate executive when necessary.
Qualifications & skills
- 5+ years of professional experience in technology systems including security, networking, server, software application management and support.
- Experience in leading and growing a high performing tech team.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Online and Digital space (REST-based APIs, responsive mobile/desktop experiences, Native Apps)
- Strong engineering background – understand core software engineering principles, Automated testing etc.
- Experience of cloud-based solutions is a must (AWS and or Google Cloud Platform experience would be hugely beneficial)
- Able to act as a solution architect but in an Agile environment
- Responsible for functional requirements of any solution delivered – and can work with the Agile delivery teams to ensure this does not inhibit releasing of customer value
- Strong Solution Design skills and able to surface appropriate architecture views for different audiences
- Able to build strong close working relationships with Business teams, Legal team and Privacy team
- Able to communicate architectural concerns and direction to senior stakeholders in pragmatic ways, but also able to challenge where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technology-related field. Master degree is preferred
- Knowledge of latest technologies including hardware, software, and cyber security systems.
- Knowledge of mobile dev/ops
- Effective strategic technology planning skills, core review and software product lifecycle operations
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
- Leadership ability to manage multiple cross-functional teams (in house and outsourced) or projects and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Experience with multi-business systems integrations.
May – June 2019
Dublin (Ireland) with possibility to relocate after 6-8 months from start date
Irish mid-size company market benchmark, based on proven experience
Annual salary (70.000€ + Bonus scheme + ESOP)