Sr. Technical Architect
Are you looking to take a solid step forward in your career? This could be it. We are looking to hire highly ambitious, result-oriented, explorative and creative-minded candidates with a strong team-building flair, to take on one hell of a challenge as our Sr Technical Architect.
About the Position
You have the amazing opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Ireland, leave your mark on the future of the company, and together participate in the course of solving the most interesting and challenging problem of the connected Society: how to balance users’ privacy and data-hungry digital industries requirements to continue innovate and grow.
Being with us, we promise you an international ever-changing environment, a disruptive business model to take to market and the opportunity to become the CTO of the company with an end to end oversight of both the research and development portfolio as you grow your engagement with us.
As the Technical Architect lead, you’ll be working closely with the software development team (in house and external) to ensure the business requirements are fully considered and the solution is architected and delivered to best meet the needs of the market.
You’ll also be working closely with various global teams to integrate existing products and defining the architecture for “next generation” products and capabilities for ease of integration.
You’ll be skilled and time served as a Technical Architect and be equally conversant with the commercial aspects of such an initiative to deliver a successful program with track record to prove.
Specifically you will have experience of designing highly configurable, multi-client, SaaS solutions that are both easy to tailor through configuration and rapid to deliver.
Joining us, you will also earn the chance to work at our brand-new headquarters office located at Talent Garden Dublin, receiving all great benefits from this Europe’s leading innovation platform and coworking network has to offer. You can have access to the office 24 hours a day, giving you a great flexibility. There are also workstations, meeting rooms, training rooms, laboratories, fablabs – everything that you need to succeed.
- Create, maintain and communicate the overall solution vision to serve as a foundation for all discussions in the program and transform that vision through execution into reality.
- Champion the solution across global teams in technical/business disciplines to ensure the best possible solution is delivered balancing commercial and technical considerations.
- Provide significant guidance and expertise to technical teams delivering existing products and next generation capability into the program to ensure the solution vision is met.
- Proactively collaborate with various teams, contributing to requirements and solution designs and acting as a key reviewer and approver to ensure the vision, quality and financial criteria are met.
- Provide significant input into strategic planning leveraging your knowledge and subject matter expertise.
- Proactively own and implement your personal development plan to continue to be at the forefront of technology.
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the ErnieApp business.
- Travel outside Ireland, when projects require.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Strategic architectural thinking – The architect must be able to provide architectural roadmap and provide development teams with clear vision and solution designs. The technical architect must be able to understand existing code and modules and how they fit in overall system architecture.
- Technical leadership – The architect must be natural leader in solving technical problems, the one to go to for advice or direction regarding the technology and architecture or design. It is expected the architect to see technical challenges before development teams and provide solutions before the team hit a blocker.
- Passion about software technologies – The architect must have natural curiosity about new technologies and have a vision how to utilize such new technologies. He or she must be able to get deep understanding about pros and cons of specific technology, sweet spot of technology application.
- Delivery focus – the architect must be able to provide credible estimates for proposed solutions and architectures, contribute to planning and execution of plans, manage various technical risks, and carefully balance technical and commercial considerations.
- Knowledge and experience with strategic and tactical architecture patterns – the candidate must demonstrate thorough knowledge and experience on strategic and tactical patterns for design of systems and solutions.
- Experience with SDLC – The architect must be familiar and experienced with full product lifecycle using formal development methodologies, e.g. Agile, Kanban.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills – The architect must be equally at home working with technology and business stakeholders and comfortable contributing effectively into strategic, commercial and technical discussions. He or she must have strong communication skills; verbal, written, documentation and presenting to board level. It is expected to be strong influencer and excellent negotiator.
The following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge/experience of delivering highly scalable, hosted, multi-tenant, high-performance, 24×7 solutions.
- Knowledge/experience of designing solutions that can be easily and rapidly configured to meet the needs of multiple clients without the need for bespoke programming.
- Knowledge/experience with cloud architectures and deployments.
- Knowledge/experience of DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge/experience of business domains such as Banking, Financial Services and Telecoms.
- Experience of business change programs
- Thorough understanding of the products and services and their use by clients (end-user and enterprise side)
- A Master degree in Computer science (will be a plus)
- Be either an EU citizen or hold a valid working Schengen permit
- An attractive compensation package, commensurate with your expertise and skills
- Personal development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning, development
- Management mentoring from the senior advisors and the top management of the company;
- An open, informal and multinational working environment
- High level of responsibility and impact on business results
- Opportunity to participate in company strategic development;
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – (life insurance);
- Personal allowances
- Participation to company Share options scheme
- Relocation bonus (if you join from outside Dublin/Ireland)
- Work-life balance: 20 paid vacation days + 1 extra day for each year in the company (5)
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
- The position is located at the headquarter in Dublin (Ireland)
About the Company
ErnieApp (www.ernieapp.com) was founded by Isabella De Michelis in 2017. The company has developed and is now commercialising an innovative consumer privacy “on the go” service called Privacy Knowledge Manager (PKM). While the company is in pre trading stage it has lined up several commercial leads which indicate the strong appetite by the market for the proposed solution. Media is getting interested in the company value proposition and has started featuring ErnieApp in news, TV shows and press coverages. The app was released on Google Play in October 2018 at the occasion of the WEUCO event in the European Parliament premises in Brussels and featured at the 2018 Lisbon Summit. The iOS release came in March 2019. The new release is planned before Christmas 2019. Learn how ErnieApp works: https://youtu.be/QLZpPIvRG68
Company CEO is former corporate strategy and regulatory executive having worked for several F100 companies (Motorola, Cisco Systems and Qualcomm Inc). She was also for many years a trusted advisor to governments and regulators on matters related to mobile technology, privacy by design and privacy enhanced technologies. Company has completed two rounds of financing, raising proceeding in excess of 2M €.